Monday, February 12

The Best of All Worlds

Here I am in my so-called "babymoon." I don't know how long it's supposed to last, but I just gotta say I'm loving life with my newborn (she's 3 months old already!). Me, the run-around/drive-everywhere-and-get-stuff done one, is enjoying just staying home with the kids. We actually get homeschool done. We actually keep the house fairly clean. I actually cook meals. I actually get time to play with DS. He gets to run around all day in his skivvies. DH has been working a lot lately, but he's at home, so I still get to see him, too. I do like staying home at a lot right now. I don't think I'd appreciate DD's babyhood near as much if I didn't. And after years of waiting for another baby, I'm really trying to savor the fact that I now have KIDS with an S. :)

When I do go out for groceries or for an LLL meeting, I get a little stressed just trying to keep up with all the "stuff" (thank goodness I'm breastfeeding or there'd be even more!) and make sure DD gets enough sleep, etc. It used to be the joy of running around outweighed any stress; now, it's a little different.

Oh, I'm sure as DD gets a little older, we'll be getting out more. I'm sure my "itchy feet" will come back some day, but I am for once enjoying the "stay at home" part of being a stay-at-home mom.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! Glad to finally read a new post from you! And glad things seem to be going well. Miss you, though!

Emily

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you get to enjoy the baby time and things are running smoothly. Hugs,
Maja